The Ceramic Stove Company specialises in the supply, construction, installation and renovation of Ceramic Stoves and ovens worldwide.
Ceramic Stoves are beautiful, aesthetic and highly efficient functional items that can transform a home.
Ceramic or Masonry stoves are usually referred to as Tile Stoves in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, owing to their being conventionally tiled. This tiling has developed into an art form over the last 400 years. Tiling does not, however, have any effect on the efficiency of the stove, except for the addition of thermal mass, and is more an aesthetic consideration.
Ceramic Stoves and ovens have been around for many hundreds of years and in Britain in the past all bread was baked this way. In Eurasia, longer and colder winters made heating a matter of survival rather than comfort. In areas close to the Arctic Circle, the ceramic stove developed into a survival tool. It became a cooking appliance; you crawled inside to keep warm when washing and you slept on it. The inefficient open fireplace would have soon exhausted everyone, as it would have required too much wood and constant attention.
The Ceramic Stove is currently enjoying a huge revival in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia and was introduced as a serious proposition in North America in 1982 and in the UK in 1991 by the Ceramic Stove Company. This is due to several factors, which include:
- The quality of the heat which is both unique and beneficial.
- They are extremely efficient and possess a design that benefits the environment.
- They are aesthetically pleasing.
- There are a wide range of styles, and they can be built to customers’ specifications.
- They provide fuel independence.
- They burn cleanly when correctly stoked with dry wood.
- The lower surface temperature and inert nature do not produce toxic by-products or ionise the air.
- Simplicity of operation and short attendance time.
- Long life .
- Other surfaces within the room are heated directly which can help condensation problems and ventilation does not immediately steal heat from a room .